FAQ's (English) PayCard
Where can I get the PickTrace Paycard App?
You can look up “PickTrace PayCard” on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
How do I change my password?
- Open the PickTrace PayCard app on your phone.
- Click on “Login”
- Select “Forgot Password?”
- Enter your phone number, SSN, birth date and select “Next”
How do I change my username?
You cannot currently change your username.
What can I do with my app?
As of 4/1/23 you can review your transactions and check your balance. In summer 2023 you will be able to remit money to Mexico.
How do I check my account balance?
- To check your balance for free, log into the mobile app, where you can see your transaction history, deposits and current balance.
- You can also call 1-855-964-3847 to get your balance and other information.
- Try to avoid checking balances at an ATM as fees can occur.
What do the different colors and symbols on my app mean?
The PickTrace PayCard is issued by Patriot Bank N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard U.S.A. Inc. This card can be used everywhere Mastercard® debit cards are accepted. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement.
Lost or Stolen Card
If you lost your card or if it was stolen, call 1-855-964-3847 to report this. When you report your card lost/stolen it will be locked so that it can no longer be used.
- Support will have you validate the following:
- Birth Date
- Phone Number
- Last five digits of your PayCard
- Verify the last transaction by providing the merchant, location and amount
- Once your identity is verified, your card will be locked. This means your funds will still be available and safe. You should throw away your old card and request a replacement card from your employer.
- If you no longer work for your employer, you will be mailed a replacement card.
I found my card, how do I unlock it?
- To unlock your card, call customer support at 1-855-964-3847and they will have you validate the following:
- Birth Date
- Phone Number
- Last five digits of your PayCard
- Last transaction and the amount
How do I activate a replacement card?
If your employer provided you with a card, your employer should have activated it for you.
If you received your replacement card in the mail, you should call the number on the back of your card (1-855-964-3847 to begin the card activation process.
How do I change my PIN?
Call the number on the back of your card (1-855-964-3847). You will be asked to enter your personal information to verify your identity and will then be able to change your PIN.
Can I get a second card?
Each account can only be issued a single card at a time. You can obtain a replacement card if your card is lost/stolen but you cannot have 2 cards for the same account at the same time.
Is there a limit to how much I can use my card?
Your limits are subject to your available balance. You may use your card to make withdrawals at ATMs and purchase goods or services up to the amount of $2,500 per day for purchases and $800 per day at ATMs. You may not conduct more than two ATM or twenty purchase transactions on any single day.
Can I take this card with me if I change jobs?
Yes, your PickTrace PayCard is for you to keep even when you leave your employer. However, a different employer will not be able to add funds to your card unless they also partner with PickTrace to offer PayCards.
Where/How to Use the Card
Where can I use my card?
Your card can be used anywhere Mastercard® debit cards are accepted – online, in stores, and over the phone.
Can I use my card outside of the United States of America?
You can use your card anywhere Mastercard is accepted in the United States or Mexico.
How can I set a travel notice?
There's no international activation required to use a PickTrace PayCard in Mexico (the cardholder can just start using it wherever Mastercard is accepted). There is no foreign transaction fee, but there is a conversion fee.
The funds on the card and the transactions on the app will still be in USD.
How do I use my card online?
When making purchases online, you can pay with your card by entering your 16-digit card number, expiration date and the 3-digit cvv code on the back of the card. The CVV code is the 3-digit code next to the signature box.
You may need to use your address of record for your card during some of these transactions. You may also need to create an account with the merchant.
How do I use my card to pay for recurring monthly payments?
You can set up recurring payments directly with the service provider or merchant as long as they offer a recurring payment option. This is done via their website and you will need to enter your card number, expiration date, CVVcode and possibly your address.
As long as the Paycard has enough funds, the payment should go through. Always ensure your bills are to date and that your PayCard has sufficient funds to avoid any problems with your utilities or recurring services.
How do I use my card In-store? How do I use a pin pad?
When paying with a card, you will use a “terminal” where you can either swipe your card, insert the card or tap the card to pay.
- Chip: you will enter the card into the terminal. You might then be asked to enter your PIN and/or zip code. You may also be asked if you want cash back.
- Tap: You will simply hold the card up to the terminal and wait for a beep. You might then be asked to enter your PIN and/or zip code. You may also be asked if you want cash back.
- Swipe: You will swipe the black line on the card in the designated spot on the terminal. You might then be asked to enter your PIN and/or zip code. You may also be asked if you want cash back.
Where Can I Get Cash
Can I use my card at automated teller machines (ATMs) to get cash?
Yes, you may use your card to withdraw cash with no fees at any Allpoint ATM. To find participating Allpoint ATMs near you, visit this link.
You can also withdraw cash from any ATM that bears the Mastercard®, Plus®, or Interlink® acceptance marks. Each cash withdrawal made at an ATM located in the U.S. (domestic ATMs) outside of the Allpoint network is subject to a $1 fee from your PickTrace PayCard plus any fees from the bank and/or ATM from which you withdraw cash.
Other than at an ATM, are there other ways I can get cash using my card?
- Cash Back
- You can get cash when making purchases at many retail locations that accept Mastercard debit cards, such as grocery stores, convenience stores, pharmacies, and other retailers. This is also known as “getting cash back.”The amount of cashback that can be obtained varies by retailer.
- Some retailers may charge a minimal fee for cashback. This will be disclosed when you request cash back; you will have the option to deny the fee in which case no cash back will be given.
- To obtain cash back:
- Use your PayCard to pay and select "DEBIT" on the keypad.
- The keypad will ask you if you want cash back, select “Yes” and the amount of cash back
- Then enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Bank Teller
- You can visita bank and withdraw funds at the teller. You will not be charged any funds from your PickTrace PayCard. The bank at which you withdraw money will not charge you a fee, although this can vary.
- To withdraw money, you will provide the teller with your PickTrace PayCard.
- You must provide a valid photo ID. Forms of accepted ID vary from bank to bank.
- You may also be required to provide your address.
Are there any fees for using my card?
There are no minimum balance fees, monthly fees or annual fees. Please refer to our list of fees for all applicable usage fees.
Certain purchases require pre-authorization holds. This means that you may see a temporary money hold on your card balance. This hold may be greater than the actual purchase amount and usually applies to hotels, restaurants, car rentals, gas stations, etc. Please refer to pre authorization holds for more information.
When using an ATM that is not part of the Allpoint network, there is a $1 fee plus the fee that the ATM charges. This fee can vary, but is usually between $1-$10.
MasterCard® PickTrace PayCard: Schedule of Fees
What is a pre-authorization hold?
Pre-authorization holds are required for certain purchases such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals, and gas stations. This may result in a temporary hold of funds from your card balance, which could be more than the actual purchase amount once it's processed.
The pre-authorized hold will be released, and your balance will be adjusted. However, it could take several days for the pre-authorized money to become available in your card balance.
Gas stations may hold up to $150 or more on your card when paying at the pump, which could last up to five days. To avoid this, we usually recommend to prepay for the exact amount at the cashier when paying for gas at a gas station.
- Restaurants or bars may add up to 25% or more to your bill to cover a tip, which could result in a declined transaction if you don't have enough balance on your card.
- Hotels may place a hold on your account for room reservations, which is usually released upon checkout but may last up to a few weeks.
The pre-authorization hold times may differ depending on the merchant, and the information provided is a reference and not a guarantee.
Understanding my Transactions
Why was my transaction declined?
If your transaction was declined and you’re not sure why, here are some possible reasons:
- Insufficient funds: You might not have enough funds available in your card account to complete your transaction. Check your app or call 1-855-964-3847 to check your balance.
- Exceeded limits for withdrawals or transactions: Your transactions will decline when you exceed the spending or withdrawal limit on your card. Please see the limits in your Cardholder Agreement.
- Incorrect entry of card information
- Incorrect CVV or expiration date: Your transaction can decline when you enter the CVV incorrectly. The CVV is the 3-digit code on the back of your card to the right of the signature box. You may have entered the expiration date incorrectly. You can retry the transaction with the correct cvv and/or expiration date.
- Incorrect Billing Address: If you entered a billing address that doesn't match the one associated with your card account, your transactions can decline. If you do not remember your billing address or if you need to change it, contact your employer. If you no longer work at the employer, contact 1-855-964-3847.
- Incorrect PIN: If you entered your PIN incorrectly, your transactions would decline. If you forgot your PIN call 1-855-964-3847 and follow the prompts to reset your PIN. Ensure you have your card handy as you'll be asked for your card information.
- Card reported as lost/stolen: If you’ve recently reported your card lost or stolen, your transactions will be declined. If you reported your card lost or stolen and found it, give us a call at 1-855-964-3847 to reactivate it.
- Inactive card: You may need to activate your card. To activate your card, call the number on the back of your card (1-855-964-3847) to begin the card activation process.
- Card has expired: Your card may have expired. If you have another card, you can try your transaction again using that card. If you don’t, contact your Employer for a replacement card.
- Blocked country or merchant: You can use your card in the United States and Mexico. If you use your card at a merchant or in a country that is not currently accepted, the transaction will be declined. These blocks cannot be changed.
- Suspected fraud: If a transaction is not typical to your normal card usage, the transactions may be blocked in order to protect you from possible fraud. If you are the person trying to make a large purchase and are blocked, call 1-855-964-3847 to validate
Why do I see an additional charge on my card when I pump gas?
Gas stations may hold up to $150 or more on your card when paying at the pump, which could last up to five days. To avoid this, we usually recommend to prepay for the exact amount at the cashier inside the gas station.
Why do I see an additional charge on my card after a restaurant purchase?
Restaurants or bars authorize your transaction with a 25% or more hold to your bill to cover a tip, which could result in a declined transaction if you don't have enough balance on your card.
Why don’t I see the tip that I left?
The tip may be added to the total transaction value after the transaction has been posted with the merchant.
How do I update my contact information?
If you are still at the employer, you can ask your administrator to update your information. They will need to verify your identity before any changes can be made.
If you no longer work at the employer where you received your PayCard, call 1-855-964-3847. You will need to verify your identity before any changes can be made.
How do I load or deposit funds on my card?
Your employer will deposit funds every payday via direct deposit to your card. Other than funds provided by your employer, you cannot add funds to your PayCard from other sources.
Funds from direct deposits will generally be available on the day the bank receives the transfer. In case of transmission error, or transfer irregularity, your ability to withdraw funds may be delayed. If this occurs, then funds will generally be available within five business days after the transfer.
There is no overdraft protection. However, if you do not have enough funds on your card, your transaction will be declined.
What is the surcharge fee ATM Network for my card?
Your card is part of the Allpoint ATM Network and has a network of 40,000+ fee-free in-network ATMs in the US for our cardholders. To find an Allpoint location, visit this link.
If you use an ATM outside of the Allpoint network, you will be charged a $1 fee by your PickTrace PayCard plus whatever fees are associated with the ATM you use. The fees vary by ATM.
Bill pay is not currently available in the app but you can set up recurring payments with vendors who support card information as an input.
In app transfers to Mexico will be available Summer of 2023
Security & Fraud
How is my card protected?
- Our app also allows you to set up biometric authentication options (Face ID or Fingerprint), to give you greater control over the security of your account.
- We adhere to strict data privacy regulations, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), and are committed to protecting your personal information.
- We monitor your account for any suspicious activity and freeze your card immediately if we detect any unauthorized access or transactions.
- Our app does not store any of your personal or payment information on your device, further reducing the risk of your data being compromised.
- We provide customer support to assist you with any security concerns or issues that you may encounter while using our app.
How can I be sure my PickTrace PayCard app info is secure if my phone is lost or stolen?
PickTrace uses industry-standard encryption protocols to protect your sensitive data, including your login credentials and financial information.
- To login, we'll ask you for your username, password and a temporary identification code which we'll send you by SMS text or WhatsApp.
- Once you give us the identification code, we'll sign you securely into your account.
- This two-step process adds an extra layer of security and ensures that only authorized users can access your account
Does PickTrace save any info on mobile devices?
PickTrace does not save any info on mobile devices unless you choose to save your username and password within your device.
Can another app on my device access information from the PickTrace PayCard app?
Other apps do not have access to your PickTrace PayCard app.
What security measures can I take to help protect my transactions?
- Monitor your account regularly. Check your account activity regularly for any unusual transactions. Report any unauthorized transactions to our Customer Support team.
- Keep track of your debit cards. Since so many transactions today happen virtually without an actual card swipe, you might not use your physical card on a daily basis. Keep track of which wallet your cards are in so they don't fall into the wrong hands. If you lose a card or think it may be stolen, report it right away.
- Be careful about where you store your data. Avoid storing your debit card number or PIN on your device or sending it through email. If someone gets access to your phone, computer or email, they could have all the information they need to take money from your account.
- Create strong passwords and PIN numbers. Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols when creating your passwords. Avoid using sequential numbers for PIN such as “1234”, “4321” or “0000”. Avoid using easily guessable information such as your name, birthdate, or phone number as password or PIN. Change your password or PIN regularly.
- Use two-factor authentication (2FA) to add an extra layer of security to your account. This involves requiring you to enter a second piece of information, such as a code sent to your mobile phone, in addition to your password
- Protect your debit card when shopping online. Scrutinize online stores before shopping because scammers can set up shops with bad intent. There are several precautions to take when making online transactions:
- Before entering debit card information, make sure there's an "https" (the "s" means secure) before the website name in the address bar and that there's a padlock icon next to it.
- Watch out for phishing scams, which often come in the form of fraudulent emails pretending to be from banks or retailers.
- Only give a business your debit card number if there's a valid reason and after you've determined that the company is reputable.
- Consider paying with a third-party payment service like PayPal when paying online since the recipient never sees your account information and you may be covered by purchase protection.
- Avoid making purchases on unsecured networks.
How do I distinguish between the real PickTrace PayCard app vs a “spoof” app?
Ensure that you are downloading the app only through the “Apple App Store” or “Google Play Store” and do not download via any websites.